Journal of Orthotics and Prosthetics Association of India is a bi-annually national journal. No tariff is charged for submission, processing or publication of manuscripts and even for color reproduction of photographs. The journal will cover technical, clinical and bio engineering studies related to Prosthetics and Orthotics including ethical and social issues. The journal gives preference to clinically oriented studies over experimental studies. The Journal would publish peer-reviewed original research papers, case reports, systematic reviews, meta-analysis, and debates. The article submitted should neither have been published previously (except proceedings of a conference, congress or seminar), nor they should have been submitted for publication elsewhere simultaneously.
Peer Review: All the articles submitted to the journal are subjected to be reviewed by experts. The reviewers are chosen from India and are the members in the council of Editors. The names of the council of editors will be published in each issue of the journal.
1. Correspondence relating to the Journal of Orthotics and Prosthetics Association of India may please be addressed to : Aratatran Patra,Editor, JOPAI, Flat No.9, Third Floor,70, Bidhan Park,Kolkata-700090 and Email: email@example.com , Ph. 9433120016 or Mr. M .C Dash, Co-editor, JOPAI, Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org, 9717639521
2. The manuscripts for the JOPAI should be submitted in soft copies in the form of CD/DVD and in Email. The file size should not exceed 500 kb. The Photographs, graphs should be submitted separately. Photographs should not be more than 1mb. Each of the authors confirms his participation in the study concerned and approves the content, as well as a clear-cut affirmation that the article is an original work and has not been published/submitted for publication elsewhere (except Conferences, Seminars and in any congress) and will not be so submitted, if accepted for publication in the JOPAI A certificate to this effect should accompany in each article and in hard copy.
4. It is understood and accepted that the submitted matter would be editorially revised to make it suitable for publication. The decision of the members in council of Editors regarding acceptance or revision cannot be contested. However, every effort is made to communicate the reason or deficiencies to the principal author in order to associate him with the steps to improve the article.
5. All the received articles are serially registered and usually published in the order of registration. However, registration will be done after the completion of the basic formalities, the registered articles are reviewed by the JOPAI Council of Editors to judge suitability for publication and to give suggestions for improvement.
6. Original articles deal with planned studies that have been duly completed and convey definite conclusions from the data presented in the text. However, preliminary communication from research still in progress could be submitted exceptionally, if the topic is important and the interim results could be of interest. Leading articles are contributed by those who have expertise in selected aspect of a subject.
7. Two reprints of each published article are supplied free of cost to the author whose address in indicated for correspondence. More reprints are supplied if the order is placed at the time of acceptance of the article. The cost of additional reprints must be paid for in advance of the publication.
Format and Procedure
All submitted articles shall have a definite format comprising the sections, ad seriatim. Summary, Introduction, Material and Methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgements (if necessary). and References. Summary should he structured as follows: Background, Aims, Methods, Results and Conclusions. Additional sections could be interposed. In Case Reports the sections on Material and Methods and Results are replaced by the section “Clinical Record” and all other sections arc appropriately shortened. Original articles should include, after the summary, a few key words for indexing purpose.
- Double spacing
- Margins 2.5 cm from all four sides
- Page numbers included at bottom
- Title page contains all the desired information
- Running title provided (not more than 50 characters)
- Abstract page contains the full title of the manuscript
- Abstract provided (structured abstract of 250 words for original articles, unstructured abstracts of about 150 words for all other manuscripts excluding letters to the Editor)
- Key words provided (three or more)
- Introduction of 75-100 words
- Headings in title case (not ALL CAPITALS)
- The references cited in the text should be after punctuation marks, in superscript with square bracket.
- References according to the journal’s instructions, punctuation marks checked
- Send the article file without ‘Track Changes’
- Language and grammar
- Tables and figures
- Uniformly American English
- Write the full term for each abbreviation at its first use in the title, abstract, keywords and text separately unless it is a standard unit of measure. Numerals from 1 to 10 spelt out
- Numerals at the beginning of the sentence spelt out
- Check the manuscript for spelling, grammar and punctuation errors
- If a brand name is cited, supply the manufacturer’s name and address (city and state/country).
- No repetition of data in tables and graphs and in text
- Actual numbers from which graphs drawn, provided
- Figures necessary and of good quality (colour)
- Table and figure numbers in Arabic letters (not Roman)
- Labels pasted on back of the photographs (no names written)
- Figure legends provided (not more than 40 words)
- Patients’ privacy maintained (if not permission taken)
- Credit note for borrowed figures/tables provided
- Write the full term for each abbreviation used in the table as a footnote